Building Better Lives, For All
At CU SoCal, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their best self and thrive. We know we’re our best when we support and enable all, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, age, disability status, or other aspects which make them unique.
Caring about the story behind every face is part of our business ethos. As such, we strive to cultivate a culture that ensures diversity, equity, and inclusion for Members and team members alike. These are directly connected to our Values Statement: Everybody counts. Everybody cares. Everybody delivers, every day.
Living our Values:
CU SoCal is a collection of diverse, passionate, and values-aligned people from all walks of life. Throughout the credit union, team members promote a culture of inclusion in all interactions because quite simply, it’s living our value of “everybody counts.”
Our focus is on what unites us, rather than what separates us:
• Everyone at CU SoCal is included as a brand ambassador and valuable contributor, without exception.
• CU SoCal focuses on common ground, not differences.
• We strive to maximize the unique value of each team member, and the team as a whole, through respectful debate and supportive interactions.
• We are a meritocracy, focused on observable, job-related behavior as a basis for employment-related decisions.
• We believe people do their best work when they are on a diverse team, including critical thinking, creativity, innovation, and problem solving.
Living our values and purpose of building better lives is built on, and nurtured through, a strong culture and sense of belonging that are authentically inclusive. We continue to make progress; however, know that this is a journey. We are committed to take steps everyday towards a better tomorrow for all.