About the WCAG.
There is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG but we have used a variety of methods for assessing our accessibility, not limited to but including physical tests using screenreaders and keyboard only. If you find a part of the site that you feel does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG or are having difficulty getting the information you need, please use one of the methods below to let us know so we can rectify it.
- CU SoCal strives to make every page accessible to users but cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Some pages have partial conformance due to the use of 3rd party vendors. As such CU SoCal does not claim full site-wide Conformance, instead a partial conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0. CU SoCal cannot ensure conformance of crucial third-party plug-ins and widgets.
- Our conformance claims only extend to pages within the www.CUSoCal.org domain.
- CU SoCal used WCAG guidelines for conformance as suggested by the Department of Justice.
- We are in the process of converting our PDFs to conformant versions. If you find one that does not conform or is not readable, please contact us so we may send you the information in a format that works for you.
- CU SoCal uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance but understands W3C's position that, at this time, there is no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible.